Azimuth, a watch manufacturer based in Switzerland, has announced their Mr. Roboto watch – the world’s first vintage tin robot concept timepiece.
Mr Roboto’s visual appeal embodies the full-flavor revival of vintage tin robotic spaceman. The placements lend for easy reading and a radical tin robot visual appearance. The left ‘eye’ is the hour register, right ‘eye’ comes with GMT indication, the nose region joint with the mouth region are the seconds and retrograde minutes placements respectively.
- Movement: ETA 2836-2 Modified Automatic Winding; 25 Jewels
- Functions: GMT function; Hours register, Retrograde Minutes, Seconds
- Case: 316L stainless steel with Torx drive cheese head tamper resistant screws, Bevelled edges at the sides of the tonneau shaped watch. Magnified hours and GMT functions in the form of convex ‘eyes’,
- Dimension 43mm x 50mm with 24mm lugs.
- Water resistant to 50 meters.
The Mr. Roboto Watch is available from September 2008 with the international retail price set to 4,800 CHF (about $4,800 USD).