From the Devon 1 Tread Watch to the Oakley Minute Machine, we’ve seen some pretty awesome watches before on GeekAlerts.com. But now, I have a new favorite, the HYT H1 Hydro-Mechanical Watch. I may have said others were my favorite before, and meant it, but that was before I saw a watch with a tube of florescent liquid that is pumped by visible bellows attached to miniature pistons.
At a rumored base price of $45,000, I’ll probably never own one of these impressive timepieces from Vincent Perriard & Company, but the pictures and video below are fun to look at.
The bellows in the lower portion of the HYT H1 Hydro-Mechanical Titanium Watch pump to push the green Fluorescein liquid through the clear tube that serves as the hour hand. As shown in the picture above, the case back is a clear sapphire crystal that allows for viewing the intricate internals of this fine Swiss watch, including a view of the piston pumped bellows and some of the watch’s gears.
This HYT H1 watch also looks great with a black DLC-coated titanium case or an 18k rose gold case, as shown in the picture below.
HYT H1 Watch Specifications
- Movement: Mechanical hand-wound, exclusive HYT calibre, 28,800 vph, 4 Hz, 35 jewels, bridges hand-chamfered and adorned with Côtes de Genève, rhodiumed bellows, 65-hour power reserve
- Case: Titanium; diameter: 48.8 mm, thickness: 17.9 mm brushed, bead-blasted and satin-brushed finish, rubber-clad screw-lock crown, titanium crown guard, screw-locked added lugs, metal dome at 06:00
- Functions: Retrograde fluid hours, minutes, seconds
- Dial: Unstructured, silver-toned opaline, fluid hours, luminescent hands and hour-markers regulator at 12:00, small seconds wheel at 09:30, power-reserve indicator at 02:30
- Crystal: Cambered sapphire crystal with glareproofed interior, screw-down sapphire back
- Strap: Hand-sewn leather-lined canvas, pin buckle
- Other versions: Black DLC-coated titanium case, 5N 18K red gold case
There is another video clip up on the HYT Watches site, but not much else. I’m sure they’ll have a lot more information by the time the watch is available.