The new MIDbot is a robot that can be monitored via Skype or other video chatting software.
MIDbot is an ultra low cost tele-present and an easy to use Internet Remote Monitoring Robot with interactive robot arm, allows one to control the robot remotely and globally, with real time video through the common video chatting software Skype or others. Users can see the video, control the movement and robot arm by another computer in network/internet.
Here’s a video clip showing the MIDbot in action:
- Plug and play with simple cable connection to MID up to 1.5 Kg
- Remote Monitoring via Skype or other video chatting software
- Remote control of movement, effectively support camera Pan/Tilt/ Zoom and Location
- Utilize the build in camera of MID or external USB camera, provide control of viewing angle
- Real time Video and Audio
- Interactive arm or gripper control for holding and moving things
- Powered by USB
- Product Height: 155mm (max.), 100mm (min.)
- Product Width: 260mm
- Product Depth: 480mm (max.), 370mm (min.)
- Weight: 1500g
The internet monitored MIDbot is available over at the USB Brando website for $319.