Harman has announced the launch of the new JBL MS-8 digital signal processor for car audio.
The product allows car owners to upgrade their existing sound systems easily and create a luxurious in-car listening experience without having to go through the process of buying and installing new speakers, radios or amplifiers.
The MS-8 optimises sound for up to eight channels, producing a full-bandwidth and flat-response signal, while its digital signal processing (DSP) equalisation and correction automatically improve tonal accuracy and compensate for the characteristics of your speakers, electronics, vehicle interior and driver’s seat.
The MS-8 can store calibration settings for up to four seating positions, so you can select best-seat-in-the-house performance for almost anyone in your car. If you want to adjust the sound, the display and wireless controller will let you change it to suit your preferences.
- CEA® power output: 18W x 8 channels @ 4 ohms
- Maximum power output: 30W x 8 channels @ 2 ohms
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio (line-in/line out): >90dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio (line-in/speaker out): >85dB
- Maximum input voltage (speaker-level input): 15V
- Maximum input voltage (line input): 2.8V
- Maximum output voltage (line output): 2.8V
- Maximum current draw: 16A
- Stand-by current draw: <0.01A
The JBL MS-8 is available now for a suggested retail price of €799 ($1,025) in Europe.