The iPad has a decent screen for some things but the iPad Pocket Projector is what you need when it’s time to look at the big picture.
It’s a perfect example of big things coming in small packages because this tiny projector, which is smaller than a smartphone and weighs less than 5 ounces, can produce 6-inch to 60-inch diagonal images from 8 inches to 78 inches away.
To make things even better, you don’t even need any cables to use the projector; just plug the device into the iPad’s 30-pin charging port and you’re good to go for projects ranging from YouTube videos to live Internet surfing sessions.
iPad Pocket Projector
- 35-lumen LED produces 6″ to 60″ diagonal images from 8″ to 78″ away with a 4:3 aspect ratio.
- Projector’s 640 x 480 pixel resolution ensures a sharp view, a manual focus wheel fine-tunes image clarity, and the iPad’s speakers control the sound.
- With a free app, users can magnify or rotate images.
- Internal lithium-polymer battery provides two hours of projection and recharges via USB with the included cable.
- Also functions as a backup battery for an iPhone.
- LED is rated for 20,000 hours.
- Compatible with all iPads (except iPad Mini), iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, and third and fourth generation iPod touch.
- 3″ L x 2 3/4″ W x 1″ D. (4 1/2 oz.)
The iPad Pocket Projector is available for $249.95 at Hammacher Schlemmer.