Have you ever looked at a rubber band and wished that there were some way you could make one in a whole different shape? Probably not. I mean, who would question why rubber bands were made round, when they always have been ever since? However, Silly Bandz changed all that and kids love the huge variety of cool shapes available. Now, with the DIY Stretchy Band Design Kit there are no limits as you can design any shape you want.
With this kit, you simply take one of the rubber bands, pull it across the pegs to form the design that you want, be it stars, an airplane, or a bolt of lining, and bake it in the oven for a few minutes. Take it out, and voila! There you have your very own personalized and quirkily-shaped stretchy bands.
DIY Stretchy Band Design Kit
The DIY Stretchy Band Design Kit is a great fun way to make your own shaped rubber bands. All you do is insert the pegs where you want bends, string up a band, and bake for 10 mins. There are even templates included to get your started. Sure your kids will like them, but think of how much fun it would be to use them at work!
- Design and bake your own rubber band shapes.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 225° and cool for 5 minutes. It’s that easy!
- Ages: 6 and up (with adult supervision, because there’s an oven involved).
- Includes: 1 Pegboard, 32 pegs, 24 specially formulated bands (in a rainbow of colors), 8 design templates, and instructions.
- Pegboard Dimensions: approx 4″ x 3.75″ (max band dims: approx. 3.75″ square.
The DIY Stretchy Band Design Kit is available from ThinkGeek for $9.99.