If you’re a geek you probably know how to read binary and can fully appreciate one of these Cadence 4-Bit Watches. Instead of the normal Arabic numerals or Roman numerals at each hour marker like regular watches have, these watches have the binary code instead. Because hours range from 1 to 12, 4 bits are needed to encode the numbers and therefore these watches naturally use a 4bit block.
They sent GeekAlerts one of these watches, so we were able to take a look at it first hand. One of the cool things about this watch is that the geekiness is rather subtle, making the watch classy enough to wear on virtually any occasion. Some of the other wristwatches we have posted about we’ve posted about aren’t suitable to wear on formal occasions, even if they are really cool.
Cadence 4-Bit Watches
- 4-Bit Chronograph Watch – 42 mm diameter case, two-part, saddle stitched, leather strap with a stainless steel buckle, chronograph function that works as a stopwatch, and luminescent hands. Water resistant down to 50 meters.
- 4-Bit Steel – Stainless steel 40 mm case and wristband. Water resistant down to 50 meters.
- 4-bit Ecomatic Watch – This watch combines two of our most popular watch designs — the 4-bit watch with the hour markings in 4-bit binary, and the Ecomatic watch with an automatic movement.
- 4-Bit Watch – 40 mm diameter case, two-part, saddle stitched, leather strap with a stainless steel buckle. Water resistant down to 30 meters
- All watches feature a sapphire coated quartz glass to help prevent scratches, and Miyota quartz movement which is an extremely reliable timekeeper that never requires winding
Instead of Arabic or Latin numerals, the numbers on this dial are 4-bit. binary. This watch is subtle and classy enough to wear with on any occasion, while geeky enough to make a good conversation starter.
Cadence 4-Bit Watches run $90 to $215 depending on the version direct from CadenceWatch.com. They come in a nice gift box, making it really convenient if you want to give one of these as a present. Also take a look at their 4:20 Watches.
Leave a Reply