Tron: Legacy hits DVD and Blu-Ray on April 5th, and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than showing off the ultimate Tron gift. You’ve seen the Tron Light Cycle USB Flash Drive and the TRON Light Cycle Launcher Baton, but even those bits of gadget goodness pale when compared to the real-life version of the Tron Light Cycle.
Grab a helmet and get ready to ride the Grid on this illuminated, street-legal motorcycle that was inspired by the CGI bikes of Tron: Legacy. While it might not be ideal for a cross-country trip, you’ll be the center of attention when you’re just cruising around town or taking in a local car show. The Light Cycle has a fiberglass cowling over a steel frame, and electroluminescent strips built into the body, wheel rims, and tire cowlings create the light effects that all Tron fans know and love.
- Fuel-injected Suzuki 996cc, 4-stroke engine
- 6-speed constant mesh manual transmission
- Chain-driven friction drum
- Spring-loaded front and rigid rear suspension
- Wet sump lubrication system
- 3 1/2-gallon main fuel tank and 1 1/4-gallon reserve tank
- 8 1/2′ L x 23 1/4″ W x 28 1/2″ H. (474 lbs.)
You don’t need to change your name to Flynn or worry about getting sucked into a digital world with the Tron Light Cycle for $55,000 from Hammacher Schlemmer.
Leave a Reply