This is Not a Supernova Heat Change Mug. Or is it? I’m confused. Either way it holds 20 ounces of coffee or your beverage of choice.
When its cold, the black mug features red supergiant V838 Monocerotis. Add warm liquid and the mug features the supergiant with the light echo of its stellar outburst. Pretty awesome.
This is Not a Supernova Heat Change Mug
- A ThinkGeek exclusive
- When cold, the black mug features red supergiant V838 Monocerotis at the outer edge of the Milky Way
- When filled with warm liquid, the mug features the supergiant with the light echo of its stellar outburst
- Warm image of V838 Monocerotis and its light echo recorded by the Hubble Space Telescope on December 17, 2002
- At its brightest, V838 Monocerotis was 600,000 times brighter than the sun
- (Do not look directly into the mug)
- We could have called it the “Monocerotis Heat Change Mug” but doesn’t that sound like some sort of disease?
- Capacity: 20 oz.
- Materials: Ceramic
- Care Instructions: Hand wash only. Do not microwave.
- Dimensions: 4″ diameter x 4 1/4″ tall
Only $14.99 from ThinkGeek.com.