Being a DJ is one of the coolest jobs in the world, aside from commenting on gadgets for geeks. The Numark iDJ Live is a new DJ turntable that is stylish, ultra portable, and compatible with DJ apps based on iOS DJ Controller via iPhone or iPad.
Numark iDJ Live
- DJ parties of all sizes with your compatible iPad, iPod, or iPhone
- Perfect for beginners and seasoned pros alike
- Large scratch wheels for natural scratch feel
- Crossfader enables you to mix between songs
- Headphone/Speaker split cable included to allow you to separate cue and play performance audio
- iPad stand included
- Plug-and-play works with iOS Core MIDI DJ software
- Polish your mix with Bass and Treble controls
- Browse your iPod music library quickly and easily in your chosen DJ software
Whether you’re a professional or just starting out, this stylish device will cut down on the hassle of hauling heavy equipment to and from the scene.
Some jobs call for the heavy duty stuff, and that’s understandable. But some nights you just need to chill with not much more than your iPad, and get the party started right quick. When transportation and roadie assistance are an issue, that’s when this little guy becomes your lifesaver.
There’s also an Automix feature that basically means the show can run on autopilot if the captain has to leave the pit and schmooze with his lady attendants.
Designed with the essentials, the turntable wheels are big to let you scratch vinyls as only an itchy DJ could. The iPad screen will make a mirror image of what’s going on down on the wheels, while allowing you to manipulate your playlists. You can load your beats to decks A or B, access music on the internet, and record as you mix in real time.
One pro that could be a con: the device runs off the juice of the iPad. Great because you’re not running around looking for a power source, bad if you’ve forgotten to fully charge the iPad.
For all the money you’ll be saving, why not treat yourself to a set of Swarovski Crystal DJ Headphones?