Halloween can be a fun time for people of all ages and it happens to be my favorite holiday. You get to dress up in creative costumes, hang out with friends, and get free candy. It doesn’t get any better than that! But parents and friends alike have to remember to be safe. Sadly we live in a world where things don’t always go as planned and by taking simple preventative measures like using this Halloween Trick or Tracker 2.0 Smartphone App, we can be ready if something does go wrong. Let your kids have fun and let lose a little bit as you keep an eye on them from a distance.
Trick or Tracker 2.0 allows the parent/guardian to keep track of their little ghouls and goblins on children’s second most beloved holiday, Halloween, and during the rest of the year as well! Trick or Tracker, which utilizes Iconosys’ Guards Up, Latchkey Kid and Tether Together, installs on both the parent’s phone and the child’s phone, allowing the parent to find the child either on demand or at pre-set check-in intervals, and allowing the children to locate the parent or to send a distress message to the parent in a time of need, notifying the parent with the child’s exact physical location.
Halloween Trick or Tracker 2.0 Smartphone App
- Trick or Tracker can locate a trick-or-treater with the touch of a single button on the user’s Smartphone for ultimate convenience.
- The app installs easily on both the parent’s phone and the child’s own phone (note– if the child is too young to use a Smartphone, Iconosys believes that they are probably too young to trick-or-treat without being accompanied by a parent or guardian in any event).
- Messages can be sent to the child’s phone using a special code that is picked up and responded to via pre-set coordinates.
- The child’s phone will have a special “Where Am I?” button, and the parent’s phone will have a corresponding “Where’s My Kid?” button.
- Parents can program their phone to receive messages at regular intervals –or more often if necessary — revealing exactly where their child is on an hourly basis,.
- Only the child’s phone must be an Android OS phone. For the parent, any Google maps-loaded phone (including iPhone, Blackberry, or Windows Phone 7) will work using a simple manual process (see faq’s).
- The app also has a very handy flashlight feature that illuminates the phone screen, casting a ray of light on a child’s path and allowing them to travel more safely in the dark or into their treat bag to sneak a treat along their journey.
- Trick of Tracker now comes with Latckey Kid and Guards Up!. Be notified when your child arrives home from school or when they voluntarily or involuntarily travel outside an allowable perimeter.
Take a few precautions so you, your family, and your friends can make this Halloween and holiday season the best one yet. Trick or Tracker® is now available for download from the Android Market, at Iconosys.com, and at TrickOrTracker.com. The app costs $4.99 for a lifetime license, but on Halloween Day, it will be available from www.trickortracker.com for free from 8am EST until 11:59pm EST. It is available in English and Spanish.
Leave a Reply