Even if you don’t text while driving, it can still be hard to keep your eyes on the road all the time because there are a lot of things to keep track of, but the Garmin Head-Up Display lets you keep your focus where it belongs while providing the information you need.
Some cars come with a heads-up display (HUD) but this handy unit lets road warriors equip any ride with it, and you don’t have to be a tech wizard to install it because there’s really nothing to install, unless you consider slapping a sticker on your windshield as an installation step.
After you apply the transparent film on your windshield (or attach the included reflector lens) and pair the HUD wirelessly with your compatible Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, the device will:
- Project navigation information onto your windshield
- Provide estimated time of arrival and Lane Assist
- Offer speed, traffic and safety camera alerts
Garmin Head-Up Display (HUD) Dashboard Mounted Windshield Projector
- Dimensions: 4.25″W x 3.46″H .73″D (10.8 x 8.8 x 1.9 cm)
- Weight: 9.77 oz (277g)
- Display type: VFD (vacuum fluorescent display)
- Display brightness: 7,700 cd/m²
- Color definition: 2-color display (green and red)
- Operation temperature range: -15˚ C to 60˚ C
- Storage temperature range: -40˚ C to 85˚ C
- Operating voltage: 10 V-28 V
- USB socket voltage/current: 5V/2.1A
- Works wirelessly with compatible Bluetooth®-enabled smartphones
- For use with Garmin StreetPilot® for iPhone® or NAVIGON mobile apps
The Garmin Head-Up Display is available for $129.99 at Garmin and will be available soon at at Amazon.com.
Leave a Reply