Move over Play-Doh, now there’s something yummier. Play-Doh is great and all. Sure it delivers hours of entertainment, is technically non-toxic and edible, but it’s not like we enjoy eating mouthfuls upon mouthfuls of its chewy, salty goodness. Yummy Dough, on the other hand, has all the great properties of Play-Doh but is actually as delicious as it looks.
There’s a four-step process involved in getting Yummy Dough to its optimum edible state, meaning more hands-on fun. First add water to the mix. Then knead the dough. After sculpting your creations (the sky’s the limit), pop them in the oven and bake them for 15-30 minutes. Six foot, seven foot, eight foot, munch!
Yummy Dough comes with four packs of different colored dough; red, green, blue and yellow. Though the dough looks like it’s packed with harmful dyes, think again. It has been tested and meets EU food standards. Also, notice that for color, natural ingredients such as Beetroot Red and Curcumin (fancy word for Turmeric) are used rather than our unwanted friend known as Yellow #5. For those with egg, nut, wheat, gluten and milk allergies, this product is unfortunately not for you.
The texture of the dough looks more rigid and glossy than Play-Doh, so more detail and sophistication will shine through in your creations. Think Wallace & Gromit or Mr. Bill.
- 4 x 113 gram sachets of coloured dough mix (red, blue, green, yellow)
- Moulding tool
- Measuring device
- Ideas leaflet
- Wheat Flour, Sugar, Wheat Starch, Whole Egg Powder, Palm Oil, Glucose Syrup, Maltodextrin, Colouring: Beetroot Red, Curcumin, Beta-Carotine, Patent Blue V, Milk Protein, Flavourings.
- Yummy Dough manufacture under IFS 5, HACCP, ISO, and all EU food standards
- All ingredients are approved and safe as governed by EU law
- SGS Fresenius (an accredited European testing laboratory) carries out regular product testing
- 100g of prepared Yummy Dough contains 6 bread exchange units
- Allergy Information – Yummy Dough contains the following substances: Cereal containing gluten and food products made from it, eggs and egg products, milk protein, gluten and wheat. Also contains nuts.
Get one or more boxes of Yummy Dough at Firebox.com while it’s on sale for £6.39 (€7, $11 US). It’s also available atThinkGeek.com for $9.99.
Here’s some more food for thought: check out the Gummy Army Men, Gummy Super Mario 3-Dees, Hajimete Macaroon Maker, Cook Joy Sandwich and Cookie Maker and Play and Freeze Ice Cream Maker. Because food is meant to be played with.