Wi-Fi Bathroom Scale
So you’ve decided to get serious about your health for swimsuit season but you need numbers, stats and charts to keep yourself focused. We’re not just talking losing weight, we’re talking about getting downright neurotic and reaching your optimal BMI. The Wi-Fi Bathroom Scale computes your Body Mass Index (BMI), your weight, muscle mass and fat mass, and sends the data wirelessly to your smartphone, iPad or computer. We’ve seen the BMI scales before, but this Wi-Fi smart scale (can we coin the term?) digs deeper and networks with your indispensible electronics, possibly leaking info about you on Facebook, for crying out loud! Just kidding. You’ll be even more motivated to intervene before it enters you as a contestant on the Biggest Loser show.
The scale lets your friends and family get on board the weight-loss bandwagon as well. It can privately store data for up to 8 people. By using previously recorded data for each individual, the wi-fi scale can identify the person standing on it. Pretty freaky, huh? It probably knows each person’s daily horoscope too. Tuesday’s horoscope for John who is a Pisces and pushing 40: Today’s workout would rock even more if you’d chill on the tater chips and beer.
By setting up an account on Withings.com (the scale’s manufacturer), your data that’s taken straight off the scale will be laid out on a graph spanning the timeframe you choose; days, weeks, years, months, etc. You can set your personal goals and track your progress, adjusting your routine as you get closer to your target BMI. You know what BMI rhymes with? TMI!
If you’ve already started using fitness apps, such as RunKeeper, Lose It, and Fitness Pro, the scale is capable of sending your info to your accounts. Or if you’re tracking your health on Google Health site, the scale is ultra-compatible with its features and automatically sends in your weigh-ins without always having to log in to your computer and manually type it all in. (This is, of course, after you’ve done the initial set-up.) Whenever you’re ready to see your results, they’ll be all laid out in front of your very eyes. And seriously, there are ways that your info can be posted on Twitter and Facebook, but that’s only if you are so inclined.
If you’re into clean lines and contemporary design, this scale scores major points with its looks. It’s actually a pretty glamorous-looking gizmo and it comes in black or white. The digital numbers are crisp and the sleek and slim platform looks to be tempered glass with a round, metallic center. Overall, the scale takes on the shape of a square, but the corners are rounded and edges seamless. Therefore, if you’ve got the straight-edge theme, a curved theme, or a glass theme going on in your bathroom, it’s not going to stick out like a Toledo scale.
- Automatically turns on and off
- Instant weigh-in by getting on the scale
- Personalized multi-user monitoring
- Automatic user recognition
- Body analysis
- ITO Invisible electrodes
- Display units: kg, lb, stlb
- Graduation 0.1 kg (0.2 lbs) – 4 sensors
- Maximum 180 kg (396 lbs)
- Body mass index (BMI)
- Fat mass
- Lean mass
- Comparison to reference values dictated by doctors
- Online connection
- Private website secured by password
- Monitoring weight fluctuations and fat mass graph
- Ability to set objectives
- Web browser supported: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari (Internet Explorer version 7 or newer, Firefox version 3 or newer)
- Data sharing (Data can be set to private or shared with the other users of the scale)
- Ability to automatically publish your weight on Twitter
- Ability to make your graphs accessible on a webpage
- Measures Approximately 32cm W x 32cm L x 2.3cm D
- Wireless 802.11g
- WEP/WPA/WPA2-personal security
- Very low power consumption
- 1x WiFi scale
- 1x Installation guide
- 4x carpet feet
- 4x 1.5V batteries (AAA)