If you’ve seen the movie Watchmen, you know how creepy the masked vigilante Rorschach looked, with the constantly morphing ink blots on the face of his mask. Now you can capture the same creep look with one of these Replica Moving Inkblot Rorschach Masks. Yes, due to the use of fabric ink that reacts to your breath, these hand-dyed masks actually have splotchy ink blots that fade, giving it an animated appearance.
If you don’t know what I’m talking about, it is best to just take a look at the following video that shows the replica Rorschach masks in action.
Watchmen Rorschach Masks
- The inkblot pattern is styled to match that seen in the Watchmen movie version of Rorschach. As a fan, the authenticity is important.
- The pattern is made using nontoxic, 100% safe fabric ink that reacts to your breath.
- The mask is a custom stretch-fabric hood seamed to fit most heads. For measurement’s sake, around the forehead is 22″ to 24″ inches. But using 4-way stretch fabric allows the mask to fit most people comfortably.
- Each is hand-dyed with splotchy, jagged-edge inkblots so slight differences may occur.
- It conforms to the contours of your face great, without revealing your features.
- I only use one seam – machine sewn – that starts high on the forehead and runs vertically down the back. The thread is very strong.
- The masks are temperature sensitive and work best at temperatures 70 degrees or below. However, the effect will still be present at higher temps.
- Visibility is good and breathability is ideal.
These Replica Rorschach Masks cost $35 each at RorschachMasks.com and come in five different versions.