Do you remember all the fun you had with your NES and that little 8-bit controller? Well, just in case you forgot, ThinkGeek is getting ready to release their newest product, the iCADE 8-Bitty, at the 2012 Toy Fair in New York City. The iCADE 8-Bitty will instantly feel right at home in your hands and is compatible with iOS and Android devices.
With the classic D-Pad and button layout, this battery powered wireless controller enhances the gaming experience for all smartphone and tablet users and supports the iCADE’s full list of games, including the Atari Classics collection, Pac Man, and many more.
“We’re excited to extend on the success of the original iCADE,” said Ty Liotta, head of ThinkGeek’s GeekLabs. “And with millions of iOS and Android devices in circulation it only makes sense to widen the field and bring the fun of iCADE to every possible device.”
iCade 8-Bitty – Retro Wireless Game Controller for iPhone/iPad/Android
- Classic retro-styled game controller fits in your pocket and works with iPhone & iPad
- 8 button control including 4 face buttons, select, start, and two shoulder buttons… plus the D-Pad for movement
- Wireless Bluetooth® connection with auto power save mode
- Mini version of larger size iCade cabinet invented and designed by ThinkGeek
- Fully compatible with all iCade games
- Completely open development platform. App developers can add support for iCade with no permission needed from Apple or ThinkGeek. (See links for code examples below).
- “Atari Greatest Hits” iPad App ready to go with the iCADE, including support for over 100 classic Atari games.
- Atari App comes with Missile Command for free, other games available for in-app purchase. 3-game packs are $1. All 100 games are $14.99
The iCADE 8-Bitty is available at ThinkGeek for $29.99.