This Dice+ Bluetooth Multi-Funtion Gaming Controller looks simple, but it does a lot. This six-sided die turns your tablet into a virtual game board. Sounds fun right?
It is compatible with Bluetooth 2.1+ devices and has a proximity sensor, magnetic field sensor, and an accelerometer. This die links to your tablet via Bluetooth and turns your tablet into a gameboard. Right now Dice+ has a half a dozen free games it can interface with. There is a version of backgammon, parcheesi, and Twister for instance. In some games the die indicates via color whose turn it is. You can expect more games to be compatible soon because there’s an SDK available, plus an RPG coming out later this year.
Dice+ Bluetooth Multi-Funtion Gaming Controller
- Six-sided die that connects via Bluetooth and turns your tablet into a virtual game board
- Compatible with Bluetooth 2.1+ devices (includes iPad 3+, iPad mini, Android devices with OS Ice Cream Sandwich+; full list of tablets here)
- Also has Bluetooth 4.0
- Has a proximity sensor, magnetic field sensor, and accelerometer built in
- Bluetooth range: 15 ft.
- Turns off automatically when idle for >2 minutes to conserve battery
- Die is properly weighted; has built-in cheating detection
- Free games currently compatible: Backgammon, Chuchumba, Heroes (Parcheesi), Rainbow Jack, Rumble Stumble (Twister for your fingers), and This Way Up
- Up to 7 dice can play together, but you only need one Dice+ to play any of the current games with a group of up to 4 people
- In certain games, LED will flash the appropriate color for the player whose turn it is
- SDK available
- Batteries: Rechargeable (charge lasts ~20 hours of play, charges via standard micro USB, cable included)
- Charging takes ~2 hours
- Dimensions: 1″ cube
- Weight: .06 oz.
- Includes Dice+, quick start manual, micro USB charging cable, and carrying pouch
The Dice+ Bluetooth Multi-Funtion Gaming Controller is $39.99 at ThinkGeek.com.