Corsair, the company that brought us the Flash Survivor, has released a new USB flash drive that comes with a nifty feature.
The 4GB Corsair Readout USB 2.0 Flash Drive ($76) is “designed with user friendliness in mind” and has a has a built in display to show capacity used, free capacity and a personal ID/label.
The Bi-stable Cholesteric Display (BCD) retains and displays this information for up to one year without the use of a battery! An 11 character alphanumeric label can be personalized to help you identify the contents. Free storage capacity is shown with a 4 digit display and used space is indicated by a pie chart. Flash Readout drives are High Speed USB 2.0 and backwards compatible with USB 1.1, include a USB extension cable and lanyard.
- Built in display showing volume label, free capacity and used capacity – no battery required!
- 11 Character programmable alphanumeric label
- Plug & Play functionality in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, ME, Linux 2.4.0 and later, Mac OS 9, X and later.
- Lanyard and USB extension cable included
- Supports sustained read speed up to 25MB/sec*
- Supports sustained write speed up to 11MB/sec*
- Limited 10-year warranty