If you are looking for a new robot friend you might want to check out Bero – Be the Robot. Bero will be a lot of fun and this bluetooth-controlled robot is open-source.
It features an infrared optical navigation system for autonomous navigation and he is compatible with any Bluetooth 2.0-enabled smart device, like your iPhone, iPad and Android device. It also has a Bero app for programming on both iOS and Android.
Bero – Be the Robot
- Bluetooth-controlled, open-source robot
- White or black – it’s a surprise!
- Tank-style caterpillar tracks
- Compatible with iPhones, iPads, Android – any Bluetooth 2.0-enabled smart device
- Comes pre-programmed to drive around, move arms and head, play back sound files, dance to music, and react to smart device notifications
- Micro gearbox motors including:
- Left track motion drive for moving around
- Right track motion drive for moving around
- Left arm with analog position sensor
- Right arm with analog position sensor
- Head turning left and right with analog position sensor
- 6 LEDs in the eyes
- 2 LEDs for the headphones (can light up to music)
- Infrared optical navigation system for autonomous navigation (2 IR transmitters, 1 IR receiver – detection range 3″ – 5″)
- Battery: 500mAh LiPo rechargeable (3-5 hours of normal use, charges via mini USB port)
- Onboard advanced system on a chip (SOC) with updateable firmware, and updates, stored in onboard FLASH memory for taking care of low level program routines
- SD Card slot for program low level program routine updates and for storing motion tables and program instructions
- Onboard speaker
- Included: one white or black Bero, SD card
- Dimensions: 4″ tall
Bero is $149.99 from ThinkGeek.com. At last you can have your own personal robot.