This round desktop combo is equipped with seven USB 2.0 compliant ports and seven slots capable of reading all the usual memory card formats.
For some reason, presumably optional, they have decided to throw in a feature to mount the thing into a 2-inch opening on your desk – hence the In-desk name. I doubt anyone will use this “stability tweak”.
- Saving your invaluable computer-desk space.
- The USB 7 Port Hub + Card Reader Combo easily fits into a 2-inch-round opening on your desk, and connects directly to your computer with the included USB cable.
- 7 Slots USB Multi-Card Reader.
- 7 Ports USB2.0 Hub, USB 2.0 transfer rate up to 480 Mbps..
- Supports Hot-Swap, fully plug & play.
- LED indicator to indicate card reader access.
- Supports Windows Vista, XP, 2000, ME, Mac OS X.
- Dimensions: 10cm dia x 5cm tall.
- Weight: 230g.
- AC Adapter – Input: 100~240V 50/60Hz, Output: DC 5V, 2A.
The In-Desk USB 7 Port Hub + Card Reader Combo can be purchased from the USb Geek website for $29.
Looks like the top of an Astromech ‘Droid.
I can’t remember having owned one before…
Yes, it does. 🙂
I was trying to figure out what a shape like that is called, half a sphere, but couldn’t come up with any name for it. Maybe there isn’t one.
It’s an Hemisphere !
Thank you, Nessus! That’s exactly the word I was looking for. 🙂
besides functionality, smallest size and lowest total weight are most important when packed for flight trip. Cube tends to use least space in travel case. The hole does not apply. 100-240 vac is nice.