GeekAlerts sometimes offers sweepstakes and giveaways. These rules apply, with some specific details given in the post announcing the giveaway.
Official Sweepstakes Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Unless otherwise specified, GeekAlerts’ sweepstakes are open to individuals who are legal residents of the United States of America, who are at least 18 years of age.
3. ENTRIES: Depending on the specific sweepstakes, there may be different ways to enter. Check the post announcing the giveaway for ways to enter. Typically, individuals may enter by becoming a Facebook Fan of GeekAlerts.com, subscribing to our newsletter, posting a comment to the giveaway post, or becoming a Twitter follower. Although the sweepstakes may allow for multiple entries for the same person depending on methods of entry, there are limits to the number of entries allowed per person, per email address and/or ip address. All entries become the exclusive property of GeekAlerts and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
4. PRIZES: Each sweepstakes is different and the specific prize(s) for the sweepstake will be specified in the giveaway announcement. No alternative prize, cash, or other substitution is permitted except by GeekAlerts in the event of prize unavailability. All federal, state, provincial, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
5. WINNERS: The selection of the winner will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries received, to be held after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by email or by phone within 2 days of the drawing. Winner will have 5 days from notification to accept the prize by email to [email protected]. GeekAlerts is not responsible for and shall not be liable for any late, lost, or misdirected notification, or for winner’s unsuccessful efforts to claim any prize.
Winner may be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and where lawful, a publicity consent agreement, all within 10 days of acknowledged notification. By accepting and/or using prize, the winner agrees to the use of his/her name, voice and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, fails to claim a prize, is ineligible, or fails to timely return the completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account.
6. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By entering, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of GeekAlerts, which shall be final. GeekAlerts, agents and representatives of GeekAlerts, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion, advertising, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, damaged, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, unintelligible, illegible, or postage-due entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, Internet, network, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) failed, garbled, incomplete, or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of GeekAlerts that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. GeekAlerts reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel Sweepstakes at any time if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees, and by accompanying winner on the trip, participants agree, to release and hold GeekAlerts and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of GeekAlerts, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
7. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.