GHS 1 is the name of a new portable gaming headset announced by AKG. The product won the Red Dot award for outstanding product design and is said to offer a “sound for the ultimate gaming experience”.
Grenade explosions and rumbling jet engines will seem as if they are in your very own room when you have this brand-new, portable gaming headset on your ears.
Lightweight and designed for long-wearing comfort, the headset features a boom microphone that filters out most background noise. Passive noise reduction effectively seals out most ambient sounds, providing for an undisturbed overall listening and gaming experience. The headset can also be used with applications such as Skype to make great high-quality Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls.
The GHS 1’s in-line microphone is intelligently designed so that the volume can be conveniently adjusted right on the cable, which reduces the need for players to interact with the game console or any other source throughout the game.
- Lightweight, comfortable materials allow for hours of continuous use and reduce ear fatigue.
- Cardioid (directional) boom microphone brings in clear voice signals and filters out most background noises.
- In-line volume control and microphone on/off switch bring convenience by reducing the need to interact with the game console or other source.
- 3D-Axis2 folding headband features easy portability by folding to compact size.
- Passive noise reduction offers undistracted listening by effectively sealing out most ambient sounds.
The AKG GHS 1 portable headset will be available in autumn 2010 for €99 (about $127 USD) and will come in three color combinations: black, white and fancy camouflage.
For more information, please visit the www.akg.com website.