The Quicktionary TS is a helpful hand-held scanning translator featuring an icon-based touchscreen menu and the capability to “scan a word or a full line of text and provide immediate word-by-word translation, including idioms and phrases.”
Most Quicktionary TS products provide audio pronunciation for selected languages. The Quicktionary TS is an ideal tool for anyone in need of multilingual support, such as students, travelers, researchers and business people.
- Comprehensive translation that extends beyond the simple, most frequently used meaning of the word.
- Direct look-up of idioms/phrases.
- Identification of inflected words and display of their corresponding entries.
- Recognition of over 300,000 words and expressions per dictionary.
- History option enabling retrieval of the last 80 reviewed words.
- Audio word pronunciation with Text-to-Speech (TTS) technology using built-in speaker or earphones (available in most products).
- Recognition of a wide range of printed font types and sizes (6-22 points, up to 8mm) , including inverted text on contrasting backgrounds (except red on white, white on red, blue on black and black on blue).
- Recognition and automatic merging of hyphenated text.
- Two display modes: Toggle between abridged and complete definition/translation display.
- Displays up to 5 lines of text on a high resolution touch-screen.
- Virtual keyboard for manual word insertion or text editing (using the included stylus).
- Auto-complete function when inserting words using the virtual keyboard.
- Interactive games for practicing and enhancing vocabulary using reviewed words list (History) or entire dictionary list (not available in all products).
- Easy to use buttons and straightforward menus.
- Quick and easy navigation using the included stylus.
- Supports various user-interface languages.
- Right/left handed support.
- Auto shut-off feature to preserve battery life.
The Quicktionary TS is available from the Wizcom Technologies website for $189.95.