For all you city dwellers looking for a fast way to get around and get a little exercise at the same time, look no further. The Parisian Pedestrian Pedaler can propel a rider of 230lbs or less up to speeds of 24mph with its “gearless pedaling system’s independent cranks and variable lever arms minimize up-and-down motion to improve pedaling efficiency.” Having a car in the big city isn’t practical, but this two-wheeled wonder may just give you the extra edge you are looking for.
The Parisian Pedestrian Pedaler is cool much like the Wireless Shadow Bike, but for different reasons. While not electric assisted, the mechanical setup still allows the rider to minimize fatigue by using their body weight to do the majority of the work.
Apply the full weight of the body to each pedal stroke without the fatigue and jarring associated with extended out-of-the-saddle traditional bicycling. A rider’s entire shoe sole stays in contact with the anodized aluminum pedals while standing, creating the sensation of a brisk walk.
- Brisk acceleration to a top speed of 24 mph
- 32 1/4″ wheelbase provides responsive turning while cornering
- Hand lever-controlled Tektro front V- and rear U-brakes
- 16″ double-walled tires Made with sealed tempered steel bearings, chromoly axles, and a lightweight, compact aluminum frame
- Steering column folds and attaches to the frame in less than five seconds for transport or storage
- Unfolded Dimensions: 4′ L x 3 1/2′ H x 1 1/4′ W (23 3/4 lbs)
- Lifetime Guarantee
It’s fast, nimble, lightweight and compact once folded. Sounds perfect for those of us who need a little exercise or just a cool way to travel around town. The Parisian Pedestrian Pedaler can be purchased from Hammacher Schlemmer for $1,975.
Leave a Reply