Zoom H2n Handy Recorder
Where do you do your best singing? Zoom, a brand under Samson Technologies and an industry leader in both consumer and professional audio products, is introducing the nationwide release of the Zoom H2n Handy Recorder. This ultra-portable hand held recorder offers over 20 hours of operation using two standard AA batteries, tons of amazing features, and is ready to record anything from your backyard signing and film projects to broadcasting, journalistic interviews, and the sweet sounds of mother nature. With its five studio-quality microphones onboard, you can capture all the surrounding sounds as they are meant to be heard.
The H2n offers users four different recording modes (90° X/Y stereo, 2-channel & 4-channel surround sound, Mid-Side (MS) stereo) so you can best capture the moment. With the ability to house a 32GB SDHC memory card, you’ll have ample storage space for all your daily recordings. Take this portable recorder with you everywhere so you never again have to miss out on an opportune time to record something that may be once in a lifetime.
The H2n is the first handheld recorder to offer Mid-Side stereo recording, a technique used for many years in film and broadcast, where ambiance and surrounding noise are crucial. Mid-Side recording combines a uni-directional Mid mic that captures sound directly in front of you and a bi-directional Side mic that captures sound from your left and right. By increasing or decreasing the level of the Side mic, you can control the width of the stereo field, which gives you incredible flexibility over your recordings. If you record in RAW mode, you can even adjust the stereo width after recording.
Zoom H2n Handy Recorder
- Five built-in mic capsules provide Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, 2-channel and 4-channel recording modes, Records in WAV up to 24-bit/96kHz and MP3 up to 320kbps
- Additional functions include Lo-cut Filter, Compressor/Limiter, Auto Gain, Pre-Rec, Auto-Rec, Tuner, Metronome, Variable Speed Playback, Key Control, A-B Repeat, File Dividing, Normalize, MP3 Post-Encode, Marker and Surround Mixer, Data recovery function protects against unexpected recording errors
- Over 20 hours of operation using two standard AA batteries, Operates on battery, AC or USB bus power
- 1.8-inch backlit LCD display with 128 x 64 resolution, Analog-type Mic Gain wheel, Built-in reference speaker, High-Speed USB 2.0 card reader function
- 1/8-inch Mic/Line Input and Phones/Line Output stereo phone jacks, Accommodates up to 32GB SDHC memory cards
- Includes Steinberg WaveLab LE 7 editing software, 2GB SD memory card and two AA batteries