Vortex USB/MIDI Keytar Controller with Accelerometer
CES 2012 may be over, but that doesn’t mean leading manufacturers of electronics stop innovating. Alexis, the world’s leading manufacturer of instruments and tools for today’s musician, will debut their new Vortex USB/MIDI Keytar Controller with Accelerometer January 19—22 in Anaheim, California at the 2012 NAMM Show.
The Vortex is the first keytar to include a MIDI-assignable accelerometer and has both a traditional MIDI and USB MIDI onboard. Rock out with the touch-sensitive keys and velocity-sensitive pads as you enjoy using the Vortex with your Mac, PC, or iPad.
The Votex was designed so musicians could get away from the stationary setup and enjoy the total rock experience. The Vortex features an embedded MIDI-assignable accelerometer, finger-controlled MIDI-assignable touchstrip, thumb-controlled volume slider, 8 velocity-sensitive drum pads/sample triggers, large transport & patch-select controls, and sustain button and pitch-bend wheel on neck.
Alesis Vortex Keytar:
- Dynamic, shoulder-worn performance keyboard with attention-grabbing looks
- The first USB keytar controller—works with all of your software instruments & synths on Mac, PC, & iOS devices
- USB and traditional MIDI jacks for use with virtually any synth, sound module, or other MIDI hardware or software
- 37 velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch for compact, yet complete melodic range
- Bus powered when USB-connected to Mac or PC; battery compartment for use with MIDI modules and iOS devices
- Class Compliant USB 1.1 MIDI I/O; 5-pin DIN MIDI output
Look for the Alesis Vortex USB/MIDI Keytar Controller with Accelerometer to be available in Q2-2012 with an estimated street price of $249.00 at leading retailers like Amazon.com. You can learn more at Alesis.com.