There have been a lot of Batmobiles appearing on the big screen in the past few years, but none of them even come close to rivaling the classic style of the 60′s small screen version, and this Replica Batmobile can actually be yours.
The classic Batman TV series might have a few strikes against it, with Adam West appearing to have studied at the William Shatner School for Slow-Speaking and Burt Ward making us uncomfortable as he ran around in green shorts, but the Batmobile gave us reason to tune in.
In addition to the eye-catching body style, this officially licensed replica also sports all the familiar Bat-goodies that are needed to fight crime… or to impress that cute cosplayer that always shows up at conventions in a sexy Catwoman outfit.
This isn’t just some over-sized toy. In addition to looking all kinds of Bat-cool, it’s also a fully operational, road-worthy car that contains gauges, push-button ignition, and working lights. There are even some bits of 21st century technology thrown in, such as a dash-mounted DVD player, electric actuators that open the hood and trunk, and a six-speaker sound system.
- Brand new GM350 crate engine, Fiberglass body, Working rocket exhaust flamethrower, Roll top dashboard doors, Flashing red beacon
- Automatic Batbeam antenna grid, Glowing Detect-a-Scope radar screen, Push-button ignition, Dash-mounted DVD player
- Electric actuators that open the hood and trunk, Six speaker sound system, Chromed rocket tubes, Double ‘bubble’ windshields
- 0 – 60 in 5 seconds, Top Speed 90mph, Engine: 3.5 Litre Chevy Crate, Torque – 325ft/llb, 280 Horsepower
- Automatic Gearbox, Power Steering, 6 miles to the gallon (unleaded)
- Dimensions: Width – 7ft, Length – 19.5 ft, Weight – 1.75 tons
You might have to contact your eccentric uncle, Bruce, that lives in a secluded mansion to see if he can float you a loan. You can get the Replica Batmobile for $190,104 at Firebox.com.