Cellphones and smartphones are a part of everyday life these days but they shouldn’t be a part of driving because distractions can lead to accidents. The ORIGOSafe makes sure drivers use the hands-free capabilities of their phone because that’s the only way the car will go.
The ORIGOSafe, a “distracted driving solution,” takes willpower out of the equation by acting like an electronic chaperone that doesn’t believe in mercy. The automobile it’s installed in simply won’t go unless there’s a phone docked in it, but that doesn’t mean you get tossed back into the Stone Age every time you climb behind the wheel. In addition to doing double-duty as a phone charger, the gadget also allows you to use your phone’s hands-free function so you still have access to your beloved phone and all its goodies. You just can’t touch it.
How the ORIGOSafe works:
- Prevents the driver from holding the phone, allowing the driver to remain fully focused on the road.
- Allows the driver to stay connected and productive through use of Bluetooth.
- Reduces the risk of accidents and injuries from distracted driving due to handheld cell phone use.
- Provides parents with peace of mind knowing that their driver is protected.
- Allows use with unlimited phones per vehicle. Great for family use!
- Models good behavior for your family.
- Easy to install and use – simple, one time set up.
- Charges the phone while it rests in the docking station.
You can add a little peace-of-mind to your world by making sure all your family members keep both hands on the wheel with the ORIGOSafe. It’s available for $279 at driveorigo.com.
(via Red Ferret)