LED Binary Watch
There are geeks, and then there are super geeks… and then there are people who would actually enjoy telling time with the LED Binary Watch. These are undoubtedly the same people who enjoyed the earlier Ibiza Binary Watch and the Designer Binary Clock.
Brace yourself when it comes to telling time with this fashionable, but somewhat confusing, timepiece because it might take a little practice. How much practice? It depends. What time is shown in the picture above? Waiting… waiting… waiting… okay, if you still haven’t figured out that it’s 4:14 then you might not be ready for binary time just yet.
Binary is the secret language of computers so it makes perfect sense for the clock-face to resemble a circuit board, and the leather band with stainless steel back makes for a stylish statement. Telling time is actually pretty easy too. There are 10 blue LEDS arranged in two rows. The top row shows hours (8-4-2-1) and the bottom row shows minutes (32-16-8-4-2-1). To find out what time it is, all you have to do is find the sum of the numbers that are lit up for each row.
- Displays time using binary representation
- Blue LED lights indicate the hours and minutes
- The upper LED-row shows hours (8-4-2-1)
- The lower LED-row shows minutes (32-16-8-4-2-1)
- Push button – the time is displayed for 5 seconds
- Circuitboard face with 10 LEDs
- Leather band and stainless steel back
- Water-resistant (3 Atm)
- Battery included (type CR2032)
- Instruction manual included
Watch the puzzled looks appear when you calmly flash your LED Binary Watch and smoothly announce the time… with just a bit of smugness because you know everyone else is lost. It can be yours for $69.99 from ThinkGeek.