Taking videos with your iPhone is great but most videos don’t give that ‘you are there’ feeling. However, the Kogeto Dot does a good job of replicating that experience by giving you an awesome 360-degree view of any scene you deem worthy of recording.
While the results are eye-boggling, setting up to take video with a 360-degree coverage area is simplicity itself. Just slap the lens onto your iPhone, download the accompanying Looker app, and you’re good to go. Place your phone on the palm of your hand (or any other convenient flat surface) and let technology do its thing, providing you with a fully panoramic view. The app even undistorts the image so you don’t have to fuss with it to make the scene look right.
Of course, awesome videos are only truly awesome if you’re able to share them with others, which is why the Dot allows you to share your panoramic videos through email, Facebook, Twitter, or Kogeto.com. It won’t be a hassle for friends and family to check out your videos either because no apps or special programs are needed to view your 360-degree goodies once they’ve been uploaded.
Kogeto Dot Features
- A unique catadioptric optical system allows you to film a full 360º video
- Compatible with iPhone 4 & 4S
- No batteries or external power required
- Instantly share your videos via email, twitter or facebook
- Simply download the free Looker app from the app store
- Comes with a microfiber pouch that doubles as a lens cloth
Add a little extra dimension to your videos with the Kogeto Dot for £69.99 ($92.04) from Firebox.com.