Griffin Twenty Audio Amplifier
Griffin Technology, creators of innovations for everyday life, previewed the Griffin Twenty Audio Amplifier featuring Airport Express technology at CES in Las Vegas. Through the use of Airport Express, the Twenty is able to capture and decode the AirPlay stream, sending lossless and amplified sound through speakers.
“The Griffin Twenty is the easiest, best-sounding solution for consumers who have speakers that are not AirPlay-enabled but still want to stream high-fidelity audio wirelessly,” said Mark Rowan, President of Griffin Technology. “Not only can users stream from their iTunes library, they can easily connect with any AirPlay-enabled iOS device.”
The Twenty has a zero-configuration audio set-up which can stream Apple Lossless sound from AirPlay-enabled apps (Pandora, Spotify, last.fm, etc.) and iTunes to the speakers via a low-profile digital amplifier. It comes with a power connection and mount for Airport Express, has a 2.1 channel sound system with 20 watts output per channel, and supports a powered subwoofer with an automatic active crossover at 80 Hz.
- Class D Stereo Amplifier – TI PurePath™
- Input: S/PDIF optical, TOSLINK connector (included)
- Outputs: Spring-loaded right & left channel connectors; RCA subwoofer connector
- Sensitivity: 0.34 dBFS for 20 watts (Volume control set to max.)
- Power: 20 watts per channel into 8 ohms @0.08% THD, both channels driven
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20kHz, +0, -0.34 dB
- Signal-to-Noise ratio: 95 dB
- Crosstalk: -71 dB
- Left + Right sub-bass audio
- Autoswitching when powered subwoofer is detected
- Power: Line-level output (2V rms at 0 dBFS input)
- High-Pass Filter: 80 Hz 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley applied to L+R channels
- Low-Pass Filter: 80 Hz 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley applied to subwoofer output
- 100 – 240 VAC @ 50/60 Hz supplies both amp and power connection for Airport Express.