Egglings – Plants in an Eggshell
I want my eggie weggs! When you plant your seeds in an Eggling, it won’t be a chick or a dino that hatches but rather a beautiful O2-giving, CO2-absorbing plant!
What a great Easter gift! It’s not obnoxious chocolate or candy in plastic containers, either. You can get the plant started for 5-months indoors, and then the Eggling plant will be ready to transplant into an outdoor garden. Then you can start the whole process over again and continue the circle of life.
The kit comes with seeds pre-planted in a nutritious peat mixture, a white ceramic egg, a terra cotta tray as a base. All you need is water, sunlight and love.
Kids will have a blast trying out their green thumbs and will get excited when their Eggling hatches. And if it’s the wild strawberry, mint or basil plant, they will get to taste the plants when they are ripe and ready. If it’s the lavender one, they will get to enjoy the fragrant blooms. Lavender is supposed to have a calming effect as well. Experiment with all different kinds of seeds if you’d like.
- Eggling looks and feels like an extra-large egg
- Just crack it’s top, water and place in bright spot
- Seeds are already sown into the fortified peat mixture
- After five months the plant can be replanted outdoors
- Pick from Lavender, Basil, Mint and Wild Strawberry
- Box includes an eco-friendly ceramic egg with plant, terra cotta tray & seeds
- Makes a clever and delightful gift for anyone
- Dimensions: 7.5 (H) x 6.5 (W) x 6.5 (D) cm / 2.9″ (H) x 2.5″ (W) x 2.5″ (D)
Egglings are available at LatestBuy.com.au for $22.95 AU or $24.56 US.
Another great Easter/Spring item for the not-so-green thumbed population is the USB Flower Pot, which helps one remember to nourish the plant with the help of a PC.